Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Biggest Celebration

In our country we have deferent celebrations. I think the biggest celebration of our community is Ramadan. Because before Eid-ul-fitr, every Muslim keeps fast (Ramadan) for a month.When Ramadan starts on 1st Ramadan just before from 1 day every Muslim starts tarahbi prayer. When Ramadan starts I always keep this fast & say my prayers. I enjoy Ramadan because everyday evening I cook some deferent item for sehary. At deep night I & my family get up from sleep for having sehary & all family members eat together. After the sehary we are to recite a sura. After this sura we cannot eat any food & water. In the afternoon we make some different foods for Iftar, like: chola, piaju, baguni, ghugni, potato chop, coolly flower chop (one kind of food) etc. When the evening ajan [Magreb] starts at that time we are to break our fast by drinking water and reciting another sura. All the family members have iftar together. We eat some especial items with muri & juice. After taking iftar we are to say evening prayer [Magreb]. After that we take rest for some times & again we are to say night [Esha] prayer with tarahbi prayer. In this way we keep our fast for 30 days. So I think the biggest celebration of our community is Ramadan.




3 comments:

kbw said...

i enjoyed hearing about how you and your family observe Ramadan. can you tell us more about what foods are in your pictures?

looking forward to more of your stories and poems!

Anonymous said...

I've been reading about the holiday festivities on the other ladies' blogs but this one caught the attention of my appetite!

Great pictures. I'm also interested to hear more about the food.

kajol said...

Thank you so much for your nice comments. I take some picture Iftary's different food like sweet(jilapi),Chola , Piaju, Brinjal chop, Potato chop, Burinda,Ghumni(Dabli), Nimki & Muri ( vorta) this foods especial for iftar .I will try more writing. Thank you again .pray for me.